This edition: Let's Get This Party Started! Elections, Reforms, and Political Participation in New York StateTweet
Original tape date: May 9, 2018.
First aired: May 15, 2018.
Moderator Bob Liff and a panel of concerned citizens discuss recent battles over primary elections and party politics in New York. Will the Working Families Party and other minor parties survive the Cuomo/Nixon contest and an increasingly divided political climate? Do third parties and "fusion" candidates lift or depress political participation in the State? Will the two major parties continue to compete for the center, or will they open their tents to more diverse constituencies and political ideologies?
Michael A. Benjamin Associate Editorial Page Editor, New York Post
Bob Liff Senior Vice President, George Arzt Communications, Inc
Michael R. Long Chairman, Conservative Party of New York State
L. Joy Williams Principal & Founder, LJW Community Strategies
Keith L.T. Wright Director, Government Relations Group, Davidoff Hutcher and Citron, LLP
- Outcomes 2018: What Comes After the Elections?
- Tuesday, December 11 - 8:30pm
- Politics in the Cloud: New Media, New Journalism and the Public Sphere
- Tuesday, October 30 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, November 1 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, November 3 - 9:00am
- Sunday, November 4 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, November 6 - 3:00pm
- Thursday, November 8 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, November 10 - 9:00am
- Sunday, November 11 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, November 13 - 3:00pm