This edition: Politics in the Cloud: New Media, New Journalism and the Public SphereTweet
Original tape date: October 24, 2018.
First aired: October 30, 2018.
Moderator Bob Liff and a panel of seasoned political journalists discuss the impact of new media and reporting on America's public sphere. How does the contemporary press function in the era of Twitter and other social media--used by many politicians to bypass reporting entirely? How does investigative journalism survive against the market demands introduced by "smart" television and the streaming video content many Americans now rely upon for their information? Do recent bombing attempts at CNN represent an even more obvious departure from civility toward and trust in political journalism, and a transition to the view touted by President Trump, that the press is an enemy of the people?
Rose Arce Executive Producer, Starfish Media Group
Jennifer Fermino Communications Director, New York City Council
Jere Hester Editor-in-Chief, The City
Azi Paybarah Reporter, The New York Times
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Outcomes 2018: What Comes After the Elections?
- Tuesday, December 18 - 3:00pm
- Tuesday, January 1 - 8:30pm
- Thursday, January 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 9:00am
- Sunday, January 6 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, January 8 - 3:00pm