This edition: This is Forever: A Modern BalletTweet
Original tape date: March 16, 2012.
First aired: November 30, 2012.
The ballet is composed by Steve Margoshes as a Rhapsody for Piano and Orchestra, performed by the Budapest Symphony Orchestra with the composer on piano. Inspired by Mildred Cram's novella Forever, it was choreographed by Jacqulyn Buglisi for the Buglisi Dance Theatre and was recorded in a workshop performance at the Baryshnikov Arts Center (3/16/12). It is the second of two “Forever Ballets,” commissioned by David De Silva on behalf of The Father Fame Foundation, dealing with the theme of reincarnation and the eternal human spirit.
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Archive of Live Coverage of the 2018 Midterm Election
- Tuesday, November 6 - 9:00pm
- Israeli Arts @ 70
- Friday, October 19 - 9:30am, 2:30pm
- Saturday, October 20 - 8:30pm
- Sunday, October 21 - 6:30pm