Latest edition: Marc Connelly, playwrightTweet
Original tape date: June 5, 1974.
First aired: December 27, 2013.
Marc Connelly discusses his career as a playwright, producer, director and actor. In the early '20s, writing in collaboration with George S. Kaufman, he produced such Broadway hits as Dulcy, Merton of the Movies and Beggar on Horseback. His play The Green Pastures brought him acclaim and the Pulitzer Prize for Drama in 1930. Taped at WNET in New York.
Day at Night originally aired on public television from 1973-1974. This episode was restored by CUNY Television.
Marc Connelly Playwright, “Green Pastures”
- Theodore Bikel, actor
- Friday, July 25 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 7:30pm
- Sunday, July 27 - 10:30pm
- Monday, July 28 - 1:00am
- Agnes De Mille, choreographer
- Friday, August 1 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 7:30pm
- Sunday, August 3 - 10:30pm
- Muhammad Ali, legendary boxing champion
- Friday, August 8 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 7:30pm
- Sunday, August 10 - 10:30pm
- Ayn Rand, author, "Atlas Shrugged"
- Friday, August 15 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 7:30pm
- Sunday, August 17 - 10:40pm
- Vincent Price, actor and horror star
- Friday, August 22 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 7:30pm
- Jacob Bronowski, historian of science
- Friday, July 18 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 7:30pm
- Monday, July 21 - 1:00am
- Howard K. Smith, TV newscaster
- Friday, July 11 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 7:30pm
- Monday, July 14 - 1:00am
- Ann Landers, advice columnist
- Friday, July 4 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 7:30pm
- Monday, July 7 - 1:00am
- Cab Calloway, singer and bandleader.
- Monday, June 30 - 1:00am
- Eli Wallach, actor/star of stage, screen and TV
- Friday, June 27 - 8:00am, 4:00pm, 9:00pm
- Saturday, June 28 - 10:50pm
- Monday, June 30 - 12:00am