Latest edition: Marc Connelly, playwrightTweet
Original tape date: June 5, 1974.
First aired: December 27, 2013.
Marc Connelly discusses his career as a playwright, producer, director and actor. In the early '20s, writing in collaboration with George S. Kaufman, he produced such Broadway hits as Dulcy, Merton of the Movies and Beggar on Horseback. His play The Green Pastures brought him acclaim and the Pulitzer Prize for Drama in 1930. Taped at WNET in New York.
Day at Night originally aired on public television from 1973-1974. This episode was restored by CUNY Television.
Marc Connelly Playwright, “Green Pastures”
- Jonathan Winters, actor/comedian
- Friday, October 28 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Agnes De Mille, choreographer
- Friday, November 4 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Ozzie Nelson, TV actor-producer
- Friday, November 11 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Ray Bradbury, novelist and short story writer
- Friday, November 18 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Irving Stone
- Friday, October 21 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- John Houseman, film and theatre producer, Part 2.
- Friday, October 14 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- John Houseman, film and theatre producer, Part 1.
- Friday, October 7 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Eli Wallach, actor/star of stage, screen and TV
- Friday, September 30 - 9:30am, 2:30pm
- Marcel Marceau
- Friday, September 23 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm