Latest edition: Marc Connelly, playwrightTweet
Original tape date: June 5, 1974.
First aired: December 27, 2013.
Marc Connelly discusses his career as a playwright, producer, director and actor. In the early '20s, writing in collaboration with George S. Kaufman, he produced such Broadway hits as Dulcy, Merton of the Movies and Beggar on Horseback. His play The Green Pastures brought him acclaim and the Pulitzer Prize for Drama in 1930. Taped at WNET in New York.
Day at Night originally aired on public television from 1973-1974. This episode was restored by CUNY Television.
Marc Connelly Playwright, “Green Pastures”
- Noam Chomsky, author, lecturer, philosopher, and linguist
- Friday, January 27 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Theodore Bikel, actor
- Friday, February 3 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Art Buchwald, newspaper columnist
- Friday, February 10 - 9:30am, 2:30pm
- Muhammad Ali, legendary boxing champion
- Friday, February 17 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Jacob Bronowski, historian of science
- Friday, January 20 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Howard K. Smith, TV newscaster
- Friday, January 13 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Aaron Copland, composer
- Friday, January 6 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Eli Wallach, actor/star of stage, screen and TV
- Friday, December 30 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm