Latest edition: Ayn Rand, author, "Atlas Shrugged"Tweet
Original tape date: March 29, 1974.
First aired: November 22, 2013.
Host James Day interviews philosopher and writer Ayn Rand, who explains her philosophy of objectivism and offers her concept of the ideal man. Rand also discusses her thoughts on rationality, love, morality, free will, and art. She describes her early determination to become a writer, and the ideas encompassed in her influential novels, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged. Taped at WNET in New York.
Day at Night originally aired on public television from 1973-1974. This episode was restored by CUNY Television.
Ayn Rand Writer, Philosopher
- Ann Landers, advice columnist
- Friday, December 6 - 2:30pm, 7:30pm
- Monday, December 9 - 1:05am
- Otto Preminger, film director
- Friday, December 13 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 7:30pm
- Monday, December 16 - 1:00am
- Mervyn Leroy, film producer
- Friday, December 20 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 7:30pm
- Monday, December 23 - 1:10am
- Marc Connelly
- Friday, December 27 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 7:30pm
- Monday, December 30 - 1:30am
- Ozzie Nelson, TV actor-producer
- Friday, January 3 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 7:30pm