This edition: Art Buchwald, newspaper columnistTweet
Original tape date: March 7, 1974.
Host James Day interviews newspaper columnist Art Buchwald. Buchwald discusses his early childhood in foster homes, joining the Marines, and developing his sense of humor. After finding out he could go to Paris on the G.I. Bill of Rights, he bought a one way ticket there, and started working as a stringer for Variety. Later, he became a syndicated columnist and went on to cover politics in Washington. Taped at WETA in Washington D.C.
Day at Night originally aired on public television from 1973-1974. This episode was restored by CUNY Television.
- Art Buchwald, newspaper columnist
- Tuesday, December 19 - 3:00am
- Jonathan Winters, actor/comedian
- Tuesday, December 26 - 3:00am
- Noam Chomsky, author, lecturer, philosopher, and linguist
- Tuesday, January 2 - 3:00am
- Cab Calloway, singer and bandleader.
- Tuesday, January 9 - 3:00am