This edition: John Houseman, film and theatre producer, Part 1.Tweet
Original tape date: December 3, 1973.
Host James Day interviews John Houseman, a director and producer of film and theater. He discusses his early upbringing and education in Europe, and writing a novel that Virginia Woolf offered to publish. He entered the grain business and traveled to America until the stock market crash destroyed the company. He found himself drawn into the theater, first through translating plays. Through his collaboration with Virgil Thomson on the opera "Four Saints in Three Acts" he began his career as a producer.
Day at Night originally aired on public television from 1973-1974. This episode was restored by CUNY Television. Taped at WNET in New York, June 6, 1974.
- Vincent Price, actor and horror star
- Tuesday, February 20 - 3:00am
- Muhammad Ali, legendary boxing champion
- Tuesday, February 13 - 3:00am
- Agnes De Mille, choreographer
- Tuesday, February 6 - 3:00am
- Theodore Bikel, actor
- Tuesday, January 30 - 3:00am
- Jacob Bronowski, historian of science
- Tuesday, January 23 - 3:00am