This edition: Mervyn Leroy, film producerTweet
Original tape date: January 9, 1974.
Mervyn LeRoy, a movie director and producer discusses his philosophy of what makes a good story, and discovering stars in Hollywood’s golden age. From his humble beginnings selling newspapers outside the Alcazar Theater and introduction into vaudeville, LeRoy went on to direct his first movie at age 28. He made his career producing films like Little Caesar and The Wizard of Oz.
Taped at KCET in Los Angeles.
Day at Night originally aired on public television from 1973-1974. This episode was restored by CUNY Television.
- Theodore Bikel, actor
- Tuesday, May 29 - 3:00am
- Jonathan Winters, actor/comedian
- Tuesday, June 5 - 3:00am
- Agnes De Mille, choreographer
- Tuesday, June 12 - 3:00am
- Noam Chomsky, author, lecturer, philosopher, and linguist
- Tuesday, June 19 - 3:00am