This edition: Howard K. Smith, TV newscasterTweet
Original tape date: April 5, 1974.
Host James Day discusses with Howard K. Smith, t.v. newscaster, the validity of the present day (for them the 1970s) journalism and how news reporting is slowly transitioning into entertainment broadcasting.
Howard K. Smith describes behind-the-scenes action in news broadcasting. He also comments on the image of a newscaster. Host: James Day. Classic public television talk program from 1973-1974.
- Howard K. Smith, TV newscaster
- Tuesday, July 10 - 3:00am
- Jacob Bronowski, historian of science
- Tuesday, July 3 - 3:00am
- Ray Bradbury, novelist and short story writer
- Tuesday, June 26 - 3:00am
- Noam Chomsky, author, lecturer, philosopher, and linguist
- Tuesday, June 19 - 3:00am