This edition: Howard K. Smith, TV newscasterTweet
Original tape date: April 5, 1974.
Host James Day discusses with Howard K. Smith, t.v. newscaster, the validity of the present day (for them the 1970s) journalism and how news reporting is slowly transitioning into entertainment broadcasting.
Howard K. Smith describes behind-the-scenes action in news broadcasting. He also comments on the image of a newscaster. Host: James Day. Classic public television talk program from 1973-1974.
- Stewart R. Mott, philanthropist
- Tuesday, November 21 - 3:00am
- John Houseman, film and theatre producer, Part 1.
- Tuesday, November 28 - 3:00am
- John Houseman, film and theatre producer, Part 2.
- Tuesday, December 5 - 3:00am
- Aaron Copland, composer
- Tuesday, December 12 - 3:00am
- Art Buchwald, newspaper columnist
- Tuesday, December 19 - 3:00am