This edition: Victor Borge, Danish comedian, conductor and pianistTweet
Original tape date: December 5, 1973.
CUNY TV’s restoring of the classic public television program, “Day at Night”, which aired from 1973-1974. In this episode, host James Day talks with comedian, conductor and pianist Victor Borge about the serious nature of comedy and his start in America after fleeing from Nazis in his native Denmark. Taped December 5, 1973. Host: James Day. Classic public television talk program from 1973-1974.
- Art Buchwald, newspaper columnist
- Tuesday, December 19 - 3:00am
- Jonathan Winters, actor/comedian
- Tuesday, December 26 - 3:00am
- Noam Chomsky, author, lecturer, philosopher, and linguist
- Tuesday, January 2 - 3:00am
- Cab Calloway, singer and bandleader.
- Tuesday, January 9 - 3:00am
- Aaron Copland, composer
- Tuesday, December 12 - 3:00am
- John Houseman, film and theatre producer, Part 2.
- Tuesday, December 5 - 3:00am
- John Houseman, film and theatre producer, Part 1.
- Tuesday, November 28 - 3:00am
- Stewart R. Mott, philanthropist
- Tuesday, November 21 - 3:00am
- Marcel Marceau
- Tuesday, November 14 - 3:00am