This edition: Katherine Anne Porter, novelist and short story writerTweet
Original tape date: June 25, 1973.
CUNY TV’s restoring of the classic public television program, “Day at Night”, which aired from 1973-1974. In this episode, host James Day talks with writer Katherine Anne Porter about her nearly fifty year career as a writer, filled with poetry, prose, short stories and her novel “Ship of Fools”. They discuss some of Ms. Porter’s most famous works including “Pale Horse, Pale Rider”, as well as the message she was trying to convey through those literary works. Taped June 25, 1973. Host: James Day. Classic public television talk program from 1973-1974.
- Joan Baez, singer-songwriter
- Tuesday, September 5 - 3:30am
- Norman Lear, renowned TV producer ("All in the Family")
- Tuesday, September 12 - 3:30am
- No recent shows on the schedule