This edition: Aaron Copland, composerTweet
Original tape date: December 20, 1973.
CUNY TV’s restoring of the classic public television program, “Day at Night”, which aired from 1973-1974. In this episode, host James Day talks with composer Aaron Copland. They discuss how Mr. Copland became one of the most distinguished American composers in the world, themes and influences which he used to create some of his most memorable works, how his creations have adapted over the years to reflect the changing times, teachers that influenced him as well as important aspects of composition. Taped Dec. 20, 1973. Host: James Day. Classic public television talk program from 1973-1974.
- Aaron Copland, composer
- Tuesday, December 12 - 3:00am
- Art Buchwald, newspaper columnist
- Tuesday, December 19 - 3:00am
- Jonathan Winters, actor/comedian
- Tuesday, December 26 - 3:00am
- Noam Chomsky, author, lecturer, philosopher, and linguist
- Tuesday, January 2 - 3:00am
- Cab Calloway, singer and bandleader.
- Tuesday, January 9 - 3:00am