This edition: Norman Cousins, author, journalist, peace advocateTweet
Original tape date: March 12, 1974.
CUNY TV’s restoring of the classic public television program, “Day at Night”, which aired from 1973-1974. In this episode, host James Day talks with author, journalist and peace advocate Norman Cousins. They discuss his dedication to the magazine “Saturday Review”, his hand in shaping the magazine’s character and growth as well as his novels “Who Speaks for a Man?”, and “Is Modern Man Obsolete?”, which discuss his driving commitment to world peace and order. Taped March 12, 1974. Host: James Day. Classic public television talk program from 1973-1974.
- Art Buchwald, newspaper columnist
- Tuesday, December 19 - 3:00am
- Jonathan Winters, actor/comedian
- Tuesday, December 26 - 3:00am
- Noam Chomsky, author, lecturer, philosopher, and linguist
- Tuesday, January 2 - 3:00am
- Cab Calloway, singer and bandleader.
- Tuesday, January 9 - 3:00am
- Howard K. Smith, TV newscaster
- Tuesday, January 16 - 3:00am