This edition: Wallace Stegner, author, historian and environmentalistTweet
Original tape date: April 18, 1974.
CUNY TV’s restoring of the classic public television program, “Day at Night”, which aired from 1973-1974. In this episode, host James Day talks with writer Wallace Stegner. They discuss Mr. Stegner’s childhood, the American West and how it has influenced his work and pro-conservation ideas, as well as the “American Dream” and the values and philosophies that are reflected in his works. Taped April 18, 1974. Host: James Day. Classic public television talk program from 1973-1974.
- Art Buchwald, newspaper columnist
- Tuesday, December 19 - 3:00am
- Jonathan Winters, actor/comedian
- Tuesday, December 26 - 3:00am
- Noam Chomsky, author, lecturer, philosopher, and linguist
- Tuesday, January 2 - 3:00am
- Cab Calloway, singer and bandleader.
- Tuesday, January 9 - 3:00am
- Aaron Copland, composer
- Tuesday, December 12 - 3:00am
- John Houseman, film and theatre producer, Part 2.
- Tuesday, December 5 - 3:00am
- John Houseman, film and theatre producer, Part 1.
- Tuesday, November 28 - 3:00am
- Stewart R. Mott, philanthropist
- Tuesday, November 21 - 3:00am
- Marcel Marceau
- Tuesday, November 14 - 3:00am