This edition: James Whitmore, actorTweet
Original tape date: April 25, 1974.
CUNY TV’s restoring of the classic public television program, “Day at Night”, which aired from 1973-1974. In this episode, host James Day sits down with actor James Whitmore as they discuss Whitmore’s role as Will Rogers in “Will Rogers’ USA”, the one-man play about humorist Will Rogers. They discuss how Whitmore prepared for the role, his decision to take on the role as well as the long and interesting path Whitmore took leading up to his career as an actor, including his studies at Yale and his time as a Second Lieutenant in the Marine Corp. during World War II.
Taped April 25, 1974. Host: James Day. Classic public television talk program from 1973-1974.
- Newton Minow, former chairman of the FCC
- Friday, March 31 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Myrna Loy, actress
- Friday, April 7 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Christopher Isherwood, playwright
- Friday, April 14 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Richard Rodgers, composer
- Friday, April 21 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Anne Baxter, actress
- Friday, April 28 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Norman Lear, renowned TV producer ("All in the Family")
- Friday, March 24 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Joan Baez, singer-songwriter
- Friday, March 17 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Katherine Anne Porter, novelist and short story writer
- Friday, March 10 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm
- Ayn Rand, author, "Atlas Shrugged"
- Friday, March 3 - 9:30am, 2:30pm, 8:00pm