This edition: Peter Max, artistTweet
Original tape date: December 5, 1973.
CUNY TV’s restoring of the classic public television talk program, “Day at Night”, which aired from 1973-1974. In this episode, host James Day discusses with artist Peter Max his interest in mysticism and how his art reflects his personal philosophies. They discuss some of Max’s work, such as his Times Square piece, as well as how Max came to find the artistic philosophies that he follows today.
Taped Dec. 5, 1973. Host: James Day. Classic public television talk program from 1973-1974.
- Art Buchwald, newspaper columnist
- Tuesday, December 19 - 3:00am
- Jonathan Winters, actor/comedian
- Tuesday, December 26 - 3:00am
- Noam Chomsky, author, lecturer, philosopher, and linguist
- Tuesday, January 2 - 3:00am
- Cab Calloway, singer and bandleader.
- Tuesday, January 9 - 3:00am
- Howard K. Smith, TV newscaster
- Tuesday, January 16 - 3:00am