This edition: Ayn Rand, author, "Atlas Shrugged"Tweet
Original tape date: March 29, 1974.
Host James Day interviews philosopher and writer Ayn Rand, who explains her philosophy of objectivism and offers her concept of the ideal man. Rand also discusses her thoughts on rationality, love, morality, free will, and art. She describes her early determination to become a writer, and the ideas encompassed in her influential novels, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged. Taped at WNET in New York.
Day at Night originally aired on public television from 1973-1974. This episode was restored by CUNY Television.
Ayn Rand Writer, Philosopher
- Joan Baez, singer-songwriter
- Tuesday, September 5 - 3:30am
- Norman Lear, renowned TV producer ("All in the Family")
- Tuesday, September 12 - 3:30am
- No recent shows on the schedule