This edition: Ayn Rand, author, "Atlas Shrugged"Tweet
Original tape date: March 29, 1974.
Host James Day interviews philosopher and writer Ayn Rand, who explains her philosophy of objectivism and offers her concept of the ideal man. Rand also discusses her thoughts on rationality, love, morality, free will, and art. She describes her early determination to become a writer, and the ideas encompassed in her influential novels, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged. Taped at WNET in New York.
Day at Night originally aired on public television from 1973-1974. This episode was restored by CUNY Television.
Ayn Rand Writer, Philosopher
- Vincent Price, actor and horror star
- Tuesday, February 20 - 3:00am
- Muhammad Ali, legendary boxing champion
- Tuesday, February 13 - 3:00am
- Agnes De Mille, choreographer
- Tuesday, February 6 - 3:00am
- Theodore Bikel, actor
- Tuesday, January 30 - 3:00am
- Jacob Bronowski, historian of science
- Tuesday, January 23 - 3:00am