This edition: Dave Brubeck, jazz musicianTweet
Original tape date: June 6, 1974.
Host, James Day interviews jazz musician Dave Brubeck about the complexities of communicating through music, and his thoughts on improvisation and composition. They discuss Brubeck's childhood background, early music education, and his studies with his mentor Darius Milhaud in his formative college years. Other topics include the development of Brubeck's career, his inspirations, and creating music with social and political resonance.
Day at Night originally aired on public television from 1973-1974. This episode was restored by CUNY Television. Taped at WNET in New York, June 6, 1974.
Dave Brubeck Jazz Musician
- Ayn Rand, author, "Atlas Shrugged"
- Tuesday, September 19 - 3:00am
- Norman Lear, renowned TV producer ("All in the Family")
- Tuesday, September 12 - 3:30am
- Joan Baez, singer-songwriter
- Tuesday, September 5 - 3:30am