This edition: Otto Preminger, film directorTweet
Original tape date: June 8, 1973.
Host James Day interviews director Otto Preminger about his professional drive to produce films and theater. He discusses his entrance into theater in his youth, studying law to appease his father, and then starting his own theater in Vienna. Preminger recounts his entrance into the Hollywood industry and issues he experienced with censorship of controversial subject matter in his films.
Day at Night originally aired on public television from 1973-1974. This episode was restored by CUNY Television.
Otto Preminger Film Director, “The Man with the Golden Arm”
- Norman Lear, renowned TV producer ("All in the Family")
- Tuesday, March 27 - 3:00am
- Tuesday, April 17 - 3:00am
- Joan Baez, singer-songwriter
- Tuesday, April 3 - 3:00am
- Vincent Price, actor and horror star
- Tuesday, April 10 - 3:00am