Latest edition: Mass WastingOnline media for this show is not available on cuny.tv.
First aired: December 14, 2010.
Anyone undertaking a building project must understand mass wasting — the downslope movement of earth under the influence of gravity. Various factors in mass wasting, including the rock’s effective strength and pore spaces, are discussed, as are different types of mass wasting such as creep, slump, and landslides. Images of an actual landslide illustrate the phenomenon.
- Running Water II: Landform Evolution
- Saturday, June 2 - 4:30pm
- Monday, June 4 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Saturday, June 9 - 4:30pm
- Wind, Dust and Deserts
- Monday, June 11 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Saturday, June 16 - 4:30pm
- Monday, June 18 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Running Water I: Rivers, Erosion and Deposition
- Monday, May 21 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Metamorphic Rocks
- Monday, May 14 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Sedimentary Rocks: The Key to Past Environments
- Monday, May 7 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Mass Wasting
- Monday, April 30 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm