Latest edition: Mass Wasting
First aired: December 14, 2010.
Anyone undertaking a building project must understand mass wasting — the downslope movement of earth under the influence of gravity. Various factors in mass wasting, including the rock’s effective strength and pore spaces, are discussed, as are different types of mass wasting such as creep, slump, and landslides. Images of an actual landslide illustrate the phenomenon.
- Saturday, June 23 - 4:30pm
- Waves, Beaches and Coasts
- Monday, June 25 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Saturday, June 30 - 4:30pm
- Living With Earth, Part I
- Monday, July 2 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Saturday, July 7 - 4:30pm
- Living With Earth, Part II
- Monday, July 9 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Saturday, July 14 - 4:30pm