Latest edition: Mass Wasting
First aired: December 14, 2010.
Anyone undertaking a building project must understand mass wasting — the downslope movement of earth under the influence of gravity. Various factors in mass wasting, including the rock’s effective strength and pore spaces, are discussed, as are different types of mass wasting such as creep, slump, and landslides. Images of an actual landslide illustrate the phenomenon.
- Geologic Time
- Saturday, March 24 - 4:30pm
- Evolution Through Time
- Monday, March 26 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Saturday, March 31 - 4:30pm
- Minerals: The Materials of Earth
- Monday, April 2 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Saturday, April 7 - 4:30pm
- Monday, April 9 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Saturday, April 14 - 4:30pm
- Intrusive Igneous Rocks
- Monday, April 16 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm