This edition: Mass Wasting
First aired: December 14, 2010.
Anyone undertaking a building project must understand mass wasting — the downslope movement of earth under the influence of gravity. Various factors in mass wasting, including the rock’s effective strength and pore spaces, are discussed, as are different types of mass wasting such as creep, slump, and landslides. Images of an actual landslide illustrate the phenomenon.
- Intrusive Igneous Rocks
- Monday, April 16 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Monday, April 9 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Saturday, April 14 - 4:30pm
- Minerals: The Materials of Earth
- Monday, April 2 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Saturday, April 7 - 4:30pm
- Evolution Through Time
- Monday, March 26 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Saturday, March 31 - 4:30pm
- Geologic Time
- Saturday, March 24 - 4:30pm