This edition: Mass Wasting
First aired: December 14, 2010.
Anyone undertaking a building project must understand mass wasting — the downslope movement of earth under the influence of gravity. Various factors in mass wasting, including the rock’s effective strength and pore spaces, are discussed, as are different types of mass wasting such as creep, slump, and landslides. Images of an actual landslide illustrate the phenomenon.
- The Restless Planet
- Monday, January 22 - 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Saturday, January 27 - 4:30pm
- Earth's Interior
- Monday, January 29 - 6:30am, 12:30pm, 10:30pm
- Saturday, February 3 - 4:30pm
- The Sea Floor
- Monday, February 5 - 6:30am, 12:30pm
- The Birth of a Theory
- Monday, February 12 - 6:30am, 12:30pm
- Plate Dynamics
- Monday, February 19 - 6:30am, 12:30pm