This edition: Economic Efficiency
First aired: January 29, 2014.
In preparation for WWII, the Roosevelt administration instituted wage price and price controls to curb inflation and better focus production on war materials. When the Nixon administration set up price controls for beef, farmers attempted to stifle the supply by withholding animals from the markets. Following WWII, rent controls established to aid returning war veterans cut into landlord profits and consequently led some to abandon properties. These stories examine how the "invisible hand" behind free markets operates, the reasons for interfering with free markets, and the costs of doing so.
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Exchange Rates
- Tuesday, September 11 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Wednesday, September 12 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 11:30pm
- Wednesday, September 19 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- International Trade
- Tuesday, September 4 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Stabilization Policy
- Tuesday, August 28 - 10:00am, 4:00pm