This edition: Economic Growth
First aired: April 2, 2014.
By 1916 Henry Ford's assembly line had lowered the price of the Model T to $360, making it affordable and increasing its production exponentially in two years. In 1972 a group of experts known as the Club of Rome issued a report called "The Limits to Growth," predicting that raw materials could run out and world population growth and pollution could get out of hand. The Internet is a technological innovation that paved the way for other innovations such as smart phones. These stories highlight two important factors for economic growth: capital per worker (a.k.a. productivity) and technological innovation.
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Exchange Rates
- Tuesday, September 11 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Wednesday, September 12 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, September 15 - 12:30pm
- Sunday, September 16 - 11:30pm
- Wednesday, September 19 - 7:00am, 1:00pm
- International Trade
- Tuesday, September 4 - 10:00am, 4:00pm
- Stabilization Policy
- Tuesday, August 28 - 10:00am, 4:00pm