Latest edition: Common Cause or Great Divide? Education in Cuba and the U.S. - Part 2Tweet
Original tape date: January 8, 2016.
First aired: January 27, 2016.
Can Cuba maintain its international position in the forefront of literacy education? How will a more open relationship with the U.S. affect its education policies? This two-part special brings the latest information on education in Cuba: its successes, challenges, and where it’s headed. Linda Hirsch interviews Professors Elys Vasquez-Iscan and Lisa Tappeiner, two CUNY professors who recently visited Cuba with other Hostos colleagues to exchange ideas and practices. Part One considers the early childhood years in Cuba and Part Two examines higher education. A candid, up-to-the minute discussion of education practices in Cuba today and how the U.S. can help promote positive change.
Prof. Lisa Tappeiner Professor, Hostos Community College/CUNY
Prof. Elys Vasquez-Iscan, Ph.D. MPH Professor, Hostos Community College/CUNY
- Common Cause or Great Divide? Education in Cuba and the U.S. - Part 2
- Wednesday, January 27 - 10:30am, 3:30pm, 8:00pm
- Saturday, January 30 - 5:30pm
- Common Cause or Great Divide? Education in Cuba and the U.S., Part 1
- Wednesday, January 20 - 10:00am, 3:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, January 23 - 8:00pm
- Sunday, January 24 - 10:00am