This edition: ESL Teacher of the YearTweet
Original tape date: April 21, 2010.
In New York City, the number of homes speaking a language other than English continues to increase. This program explores the challenges and successes of learning English as a second language. Our featured guest is Meg Frost, the 2010 New York Times English Speaker of Another Languages Teacher of the Year. Also, professor Gail August of Hostos Community College offers his view on this topic.
- Why Early Reading Matters: Learning in the Early Grades
- Tuesday, September 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, September 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 6:30pm
- CUNY's First Fifty Years: Triumphs and Ordeals of a People's University
- Tuesday, August 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, August 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 2 - 6:30pm