This edition: Closing the Achievement GapTweet
Original tape date: October 20, 2010.
Guest: Pedro Noguera, Prof. of Sociology, NYU. Hosts: Jim Carney, Linda Hirsch.
Despite decades of school reform, the academic achievement gap between white and minority and disadvantaged students persists. EdCast speaks with renowned public education expert Pedro Noguera to examine the causes of this gap and ways of closing it.
Pedro Noguera Prof. of Sociology, NYU
- "Dead White Men" and the Community College: Bringing the Columbia Core to CUNY
- Tuesday, October 23 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, October 24 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, October 27 - 7:30am
- Sunday, October 28 - 6:30pm
- Why Early Reading Matters: Learning in the Early Grades
- Tuesday, September 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, September 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 6:30pm