This edition: Closing the Achievement GapTweet
Original tape date: October 20, 2010.
Guest: Pedro Noguera, Prof. of Sociology, NYU. Hosts: Jim Carney, Linda Hirsch.
Despite decades of school reform, the academic achievement gap between white and minority and disadvantaged students persists. EdCast speaks with renowned public education expert Pedro Noguera to examine the causes of this gap and ways of closing it.
Pedro Noguera Prof. of Sociology, NYU
- What High School Students Need to Know About College
- Tuesday, July 24 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, July 25 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, July 28 - 7:30am
- Sunday, July 29 - 6:30pm
- The Artisan Teaching Model for Instructional Leadership
- Tuesday, July 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, August 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, August 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, August 5 - 6:30pm
- The Principal Pipeline: Improving Schools Starting at the Top
- Tuesday, June 26 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, June 27 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, June 30 - 7:30am
- Sunday, July 1 - 6:30pm
- Principles for Effective Principals
- Saturday, June 23 - 7:30am
- Sunday, June 24 - 6:30pm