This edition: Closing the Achievement GapTweet
Original tape date: October 20, 2010.
Guest: Pedro Noguera, Prof. of Sociology, NYU. Hosts: Jim Carney, Linda Hirsch.
Despite decades of school reform, the academic achievement gap between white and minority and disadvantaged students persists. EdCast speaks with renowned public education expert Pedro Noguera to examine the causes of this gap and ways of closing it.
Pedro Noguera Prof. of Sociology, NYU
- Education 2019: Looking Back to What Lies Ahead
- Tuesday, January 22 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 23 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 7:30am
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30pm
- An Interview with Renowned Poet Meena Alexander: The Music of Words
- Tuesday, December 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, December 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30pm