This edition: Math Education Reform: Does It Add Up?Tweet
Original tape date: April 14, 2011.
Host Linda Hirsch examines math education in the United States with math education advocate Elizabeth Carson of NYC HOLD. NYC HOLD is a coalition of parents, teachers, and administrators that work on state and national levels to reform math education in ways that need to be changed. They talk about the problems with math education, the procedures for students to learn math fully and the steps to reform math education. Later in the show, Host Jim Carney sits down with Professors Fred Greenleaf and Sylva Cappell to discuss math education. They touch upon the math education that is in the universities, the problems with K-12 math education, and the steps that these professors believe to be imperative to improve math education today.
- December 2018
- Tuesday, December 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, December 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30pm
- An Interview with Renowned Poet Meena Alexander: The Music of Words
- Tuesday, November 20 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 21 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 25 - 6:30pm