This edition: Math Education Reform: Does It Add Up?Tweet
Original tape date: April 14, 2011.
Host Linda Hirsch examines math education in the United States with math education advocate Elizabeth Carson of NYC HOLD. NYC HOLD is a coalition of parents, teachers, and administrators that work on state and national levels to reform math education in ways that need to be changed. They talk about the problems with math education, the procedures for students to learn math fully and the steps to reform math education. Later in the show, Host Jim Carney sits down with Professors Fred Greenleaf and Sylva Cappell to discuss math education. They touch upon the math education that is in the universities, the problems with K-12 math education, and the steps that these professors believe to be imperative to improve math education today.
- Why Early Reading Matters: Learning to Read in the Early Grades
- Tuesday, September 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, September 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 6:30pm
- CUNY's First Fifty Years: Triumphs and Ordeals of a People's University
- Tuesday, August 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, August 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 2 - 6:30pm