This edition: Education: Are Parents Being Left Behind?Tweet
Original tape date: May 10, 2011.
Hosts Linda Hirsch and Jim Carney discuss with Council Member Robert Jackson the role of parents within education and the contentiousness surrounding the issue. They discuss the change in power of local parent-school groups from the 1980s compared to today's groups, the CEC not following correct regulations and how it hinders proper parental input to the city's educational system, and how parents do not have the time or resources to be involved in their children's education. Jim Carney also interviews Lisa Donlan, a parent advocate, who discusses the problems with parental involvement in education and how to address this issue.
Robert Jackson Council Member , New York City Council (District 7)
- Education 2019: Looking Back to What Lies Ahead
- Tuesday, January 22 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 23 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 7:30am
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30pm
- An Interview with Renowned Poet Meena Alexander: The Music of Words
- Tuesday, December 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, December 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30pm