This edition: The ABCs of Cuban Education: How Cuba Wiped Out Illiteracy in One YearTweet
First aired: November 2, 2011.
EdCast explores issues in education today. With Linda Hirsch, Jim Carney.
Dr. Linda Hirsch visits Cuba for a first-hand look at Cuba's strides in wiping out illiteracy. The program also examines post-revolution education in Cuba today against a backdrop of social, economic and political changes. Interviews with educators in Cuba, and Jim Carney speaks with CUNY Cuban scholars in the United States.
Prof. Laird W. Bergad Distinguished Professor of Latin American & Puerto Rican Studies, Lehman College/CUNY
Dr. Luisa Campos Director, Cuban National Museum of the Literacy Campaign
Mario Gonzalez-Corzo, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Economics, Lehman College/CUNY
- "Dead White Men" and the Community College: Bringing the Columbia Core to CUNY
- Tuesday, October 23 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, October 24 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, October 27 - 7:30am
- Sunday, October 28 - 6:30pm
- Why Early Reading Matters: Learning in the Early Grades
- Tuesday, September 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, September 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 6:30pm