This edition: The ABCs of Cuban Education: How Cuba Wiped Out Illiteracy in One YearTweet
First aired: November 2, 2011.
EdCast explores issues in education today. With Linda Hirsch, Jim Carney.
Dr. Linda Hirsch visits Cuba for a first-hand look at Cuba's strides in wiping out illiteracy. The program also examines post-revolution education in Cuba today against a backdrop of social, economic and political changes. Interviews with educators in Cuba, and Jim Carney speaks with CUNY Cuban scholars in the United States.
- The Principal Pipeline: Starting at the Top to Improve Schools
- Tuesday, April 24 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, April 25 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, April 28 - 7:30am
- Sunday, April 29 - 6:30pm
- A Conversation with André Aciman: Whose Text is it Anyway?
- Saturday, March 24 - 7:30am
- Sunday, March 25 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, March 27 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, March 28 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, March 31 - 7:30am
- Sunday, April 1 - 6:30pm