This edition: As Bad as They Say? Three Decades of Teaching in the BronxTweet
Original tape date: November 30, 2011.
First aired: November 30, 2011.
Interview with author Janet Grossbach Mayer. Hosts: Jim Carney/Linda Hirsch.
Janet Mayer describes her three decades of teaching in the Bronx recounting stories of student resilience and survival along with a searing look at what's gone wrong in education today.
- An Interview with Renowned Poet Meena Alexander: The Music of Words
- Tuesday, November 20 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, November 21 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, November 24 - 7:30am
- Sunday, November 25 - 6:30pm
- "Dead White Men" and the Community College: Bringing the Columbia Core to CUNY
- Tuesday, October 23 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, October 24 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, October 27 - 7:30am
- Sunday, October 28 - 6:30pm