This edition: As Bad as They Say? Three Decades of Teaching in the BronxTweet
Original tape date: November 30, 2011.
First aired: November 30, 2011.
Interview with author Janet Grossbach Mayer. Hosts: Jim Carney/Linda Hirsch.
Janet Mayer describes her three decades of teaching in the Bronx recounting stories of student resilience and survival along with a searing look at what's gone wrong in education today.
- Why Early Reading Matters: Learning to Read in the Early Grades
- Tuesday, September 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, September 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 6:30pm
- CUNY's First Fifty Years: Triumphs and Ordeals of a People's University
- Tuesday, August 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, August 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 2 - 6:30pm