This edition: College Enrollment and the City's FutureTweet
Original tape date: October 24, 2012.
First aired: August 22, 2012.
Guest: John Liu, NYC Comptroller. Plus: Jay Hershenson, Vice Chancellor, City University of New York.
New York City Comptroller John Liu to discuss his "Beyond High School" Initiative and why he believes that the City's long-term economic stability and prosperity is linked to increasing the percentages of New Yorkers with higher education. He outlines plans for insuring college-ready high school graduates who can obtain college degrees. Jim Carney talks to Jay Hershenson, CUNY Senior Vice Chancellor for University Relations to discuss how CUNY collaborates with the DOE to prepare high school students for college admission along with programs to help them succeed once there.
- A Conversation with André Aciman: Whose Text is it Anyway?
- Tuesday, March 20 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, March 21 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, March 24 - 7:30am
- Sunday, March 25 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, March 27 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, March 28 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, March 31 - 7:30am
- Sunday, April 1 - 6:30pm
- Kindergarten in Korea: Entering the Play Zone
- Tuesday, February 27 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 28 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, March 3 - 7:30am
- Sunday, March 4 - 6:30pm
- The New SAT: Tutors Tell All
- Tuesday, February 20 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 21 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, February 24 - 7:30am
- Sunday, February 25 - 6:30pm