This edition: College Enrollment and the City's FutureTweet
Original tape date: October 24, 2012.
First aired: August 22, 2012.
Guest: John Liu, NYC Comptroller. Plus: Jay Hershenson, Vice Chancellor, City University of New York.
New York City Comptroller John Liu to discuss his "Beyond High School" Initiative and why he believes that the City's long-term economic stability and prosperity is linked to increasing the percentages of New Yorkers with higher education. He outlines plans for insuring college-ready high school graduates who can obtain college degrees. Jim Carney talks to Jay Hershenson, CUNY Senior Vice Chancellor for University Relations to discuss how CUNY collaborates with the DOE to prepare high school students for college admission along with programs to help them succeed once there.
- Why Early Reading Matters: Learning to Read in the Early Grades
- Tuesday, September 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, September 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 6:30pm
- CUNY's First Fifty Years: Triumphs and Ordeals of a People's University
- Tuesday, August 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, August 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 2 - 6:30pm