This edition: How Cuba Wiped Out Illiteracy: The ABCs of Cuban Education
First aired: February 18, 2015.
Dr. Linda Hirsch visits Cuba for a first-hand look at Cuba's strides in wiping out illiteracy. The program also examines post-revolution education in Cuba today against a backdrop of social, economic and political changes. Interviews with educators in Cuba, and Jim Carney speaks with CUNY Cuban scholars in the United States.
- Syllabus 2018: What's Ahead for Education
- Tuesday, January 23 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, January 27 - 7:30am
- Sunday, January 28 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, January 30 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 31 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, February 3 - 7:30am
- Sunday, February 4 - 6:30pm
- Tuesday, February 20 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 21 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- CUNY's First Fifty Years: Triumphs and Ordeals of a People's University
- Sunday, December 24 - 6:30pm