This edition: How Cuba Wiped Out Illiteracy: The ABCs of Cuban Education
First aired: February 18, 2015.
Dr. Linda Hirsch visits Cuba for a first-hand look at Cuba's strides in wiping out illiteracy. The program also examines post-revolution education in Cuba today against a backdrop of social, economic and political changes. Interviews with educators in Cuba, and Jim Carney speaks with CUNY Cuban scholars in the United States.
- Education 2019: Looking Back to What Lies Ahead
- Tuesday, January 22 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, January 23 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, January 26 - 7:30am
- Sunday, January 27 - 6:30pm
- An Interview with Renowned Poet Meena Alexander: The Music of Words
- Tuesday, December 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, December 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, December 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, December 30 - 6:30pm