This edition: How to Raise an Adult: Break Free of the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kid for SuccessTweet
Original tape date: July 16, 2015.
First aired: July 29, 2015.
Author and former Stanford University Dean of Freshman Julie Lythcott-Haims discusses her book, How to Raise an Adult about the perils of helicopter parenting for kids and parents alike and why our over-parenting, protective practices are keeping our children from becoming fulfilled and competent adults.
- Principles for Effective Principals
- Tuesday, June 19 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, June 20 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, June 23 - 7:30am
- Sunday, June 24 - 6:30pm
- The Principal Pipeline: Improving Schools Starting at the Top
- Tuesday, June 26 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, June 27 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, June 30 - 7:30am
- Sunday, July 1 - 6:30pm
- The Power of Community Schools
- Tuesday, May 29 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, May 30 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, June 2 - 7:30am
- Sunday, June 3 - 6:30pm
- NYC Men Teach: Bringing Males of Color into the Classroom
- Tuesday, May 22 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, May 23 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, May 26 - 7:30am
- Sunday, May 27 - 6:30pm