This edition: How to Raise an Adult: Break Free of the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kid for SuccessTweet
Original tape date: July 16, 2015.
First aired: July 29, 2015.
Author and former Stanford University Dean of Freshman Julie Lythcott-Haims discusses her book, How to Raise an Adult about the perils of helicopter parenting for kids and parents alike and why our over-parenting, protective practices are keeping our children from becoming fulfilled and competent adults.
- Why Early Reading Matters: Learning to Read in the Early Grades
- Tuesday, September 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, September 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 6:30pm
- CUNY's First Fifty Years: Triumphs and Ordeals of a People's University
- Tuesday, August 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, August 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 2 - 6:30pm