This edition: Can "No Excuses" Be Excused? How Children Learn BestTweet
First aired: March 23, 2016.
In the wake of a controversial video of a Success Academy first-grade classroom, Linda Hirsch speaks with CUNY Early Childhood Educators Dean Harriet Fayne and Professor Carmen S. Brown about those school environments which promote learning and the role of culture in determining teaching practices.
Carmen S. Brown Professor, Early Childhood Education, Hunter College/CUNY
Dr. Harriet Fayne Dean, School of Education, Lehman College/CUNY
- Why Early Reading Matters: Learning to Read in the Early Grades
- Tuesday, September 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, September 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 6:30pm
- CUNY's First Fifty Years: Triumphs and Ordeals of a People's University
- Tuesday, August 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, August 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 2 - 6:30pm