This edition: Black Girls in School: Wanting to BelongTweet
Original tape date: September 2, 2016.
First aired: September 21, 2016.
Dr. Linda Hirsch speaks with Dr. Terri Watson about the unique challenges faced by Black girls in schools including high suspension rates and lower academic achievement. Dr. Watson shares her research on what Black girls want and how schools can better address their issues.
Dr. Terri N. Watson Assistant Professor, City College of New York/CUNY
- "Dead White Men" and the Community College: Bringing the Columbia Core to CUNY
- Tuesday, October 23 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, October 24 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, October 27 - 7:30am
- Sunday, October 28 - 6:30pm
- Why Early Reading Matters: Learning in the Early Grades
- Tuesday, September 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, September 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 6:30pm