This edition: Black Girls in School: Wanting to BelongTweet
Original tape date: September 2, 2016.
First aired: September 21, 2016.
Dr. Linda Hirsch speaks with Dr. Terri Watson about the unique challenges faced by Black girls in schools including high suspension rates and lower academic achievement. Dr. Watson shares her research on what Black girls want and how schools can better address their issues.
Dr. Terri N. Watson Assistant Professor, City College of New York/CUNY
- What High School Students Need to Know About College
- Tuesday, July 24 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, July 25 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, July 28 - 7:30am
- Sunday, July 29 - 6:30pm
- The Artisan Teaching Model for Instructional Leadership
- Tuesday, July 31 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, August 1 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, August 4 - 7:30am
- Sunday, August 5 - 6:30pm
- The Principal Pipeline: Improving Schools Starting at the Top
- Tuesday, June 26 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, June 27 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, June 30 - 7:30am
- Sunday, July 1 - 6:30pm
- Principles for Effective Principals
- Wednesday, June 20 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, June 23 - 7:30am
- Sunday, June 24 - 6:30pm