This edition: CUNY's First Fifty Years: Triumphs and Ordeals of a People's UniversityTweet
Original tape date: August 23, 2017.
First aired: September 19, 2017.
This widely-praised book traces the story of the nation’s largest urban university from its inception as CUNY in 1961 through the forces and events shaping it today. An in-depth conversation about negotiating access to higher education against a background of key influences in politics, government and education.
Chet Jordan Instructor, Guttman Community College/CUNY
Dr. Anthony G. Picciano Professor, The Graduate Center/CUNY
- "Dead White Men" and the Community College: Bringing the Columbia Core to CUNY
- Tuesday, October 23 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, October 24 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, October 27 - 7:30am
- Sunday, October 28 - 6:30pm
- Why Early Reading Matters: Learning in the Early Grades
- Tuesday, September 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, September 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 6:30pm