This edition: A Conversation with André Aciman: Whose Text is it Anyway?Tweet
Original tape date: March 8, 2018.
First aired: March 20, 2018.
Linda Hirsch speaks with André Aciman about his novels Call Me by Your Name and Enigma Variations and the relationship between the writer, the reader and the text. A compelling conversation about interpreting text in print and other media, teaching students to read fiction, and the reader and author’s role in shaping meaning.
André Aciman Distinguished Professor, CUNY Graduate Center
- Why Early Reading Matters: Learning to Read in the Early Grades
- Tuesday, September 25 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, September 26 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 29 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 30 - 6:30pm
- CUNY's First Fifty Years: Triumphs and Ordeals of a People's University
- Tuesday, August 28 - 9:30pm
- Wednesday, August 29 - 10:30am, 3:30pm
- Saturday, September 1 - 7:30am
- Sunday, September 2 - 6:30pm