This edition: Forces of Fortune: The Rise of the New Muslim Middle Class and What it Will Mean for Our World
Original tape date: December 7, 2009.
Forces of Fortune: The Rise of the New Muslim Middle Class and What it Will Mean for Our World
The real key to bringing economic and political change to the Muslim world is capitalism, says Vali Nasr. Entrepreneurial middle classes the world over have a stake in the system and are more interested in economic success than religious extremism.
Speaker: Vali Nasr
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Democracy and Its Crisis with A. C. Grayling
- Friday, August 31 - 4:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:30am, 2:30pm
- The Impacts of Climate Change and New York's Climate Museum with Miranda Massie
- Sunday, August 26 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, August 28 - 8:30am, 2:30pm