This edition: America in the 21st Century: A View from the Arab World
Almost two years after the start of Arab uprisings, is the Arab world finally moving towards pluralism and democracy? What role can the United States play to promote peace and reform in the region? With the rise of political Islam, what can one expect in terms of personal and minority rights?
Speaker: Marwan Muasher is vice president for studies at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, where he oversees the Endowment's research in Washington and Beirut on the Middle East. He was previously foreign minister and deputy prime minister of Jordan.
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Democracy and Its Crisis with A. C. Grayling
- Friday, August 31 - 4:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:30am, 2:30pm
- The Impacts of Climate Change and New York's Climate Museum with Miranda Massie
- Tuesday, August 28 - 8:30am, 2:30pm