This edition: Prospects for US-Iran Relations
Original tape date: December 13, 2012.
First aired: April 22, 2013.
Speaker: Seyed Hossein Mousavian.
Ambassador Mousavian is singularly qualified to speak on prospects for U.S.-Iran relations. An Iranian policymaker and scholar, he headed the Foreign Relations Committee of the Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) during the presidency of Mohammad Khatami; served on Iran's nuclear diplomacy team in negotiations with the European Union and International Atomic Energy Agency; and served as foreign policy advisor to SNSC Secretary Ali Larijani.
Mousavian had previously been editor-in-chief of the influential daily Tehran Times. A prolific author then and now, his most recent book is The Iranian Nuclear Crisis: A Memoir, published this year by the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.
- Hope for a Sustainable Future
- Friday, April 27 - 10:00pm
- Tuesday, May 1 - 8:30am, 2:30pm
- It's Better than It Looks: Reasons for Optimism in an Age of Fear, with Gregg Easterbrook
- Friday, May 4 - 10:00pm
- Sunday, May 6 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, May 8 - 8:30am, 2:30pm
- On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century, with Timothy Snyder
- Friday, May 11 - 10:00pm
- Sunday, May 13 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, May 15 - 8:30am, 2:30pm
- Plutopia: Nuclear Families in Atomic Cities, with Kate Brown
- Friday, May 18 - 10:00pm
- Sunday, May 20 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, May 22 - 8:30am, 2:30pm
- The Ethics of Big Data
- Friday, May 25 - 10:00pm
- To Fight Against This Age: On Fascism and Humanism
- Friday, April 20 - 10:00pm
- Sunday, April 22 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, April 24 - 8:30am, 2:30pm
- Tackling Inequality in the United States
- Friday, April 13 - 10:00pm
- Sunday, April 15 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, April 17 - 8:30am, 2:30pm
- Extreme Poverty in the United States
- Friday, April 6 - 10:00pm
- Sunday, April 8 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, April 10 - 8:30am, 2:30pm
- Sea Power: The History and Geopoplitics of the World's Oceans
- Friday, March 30 - 10:00pm
- Sunday, April 1 - 5:35pm
- Tuesday, April 3 - 8:30am, 2:30pm
- China, Climate Change, and the Environment with Elizabeth Economy
- Tuesday, March 27 - 8:30am, 2:30pm