This edition: Catastrophe 1914: Europe Goes To War
Original tape date: October 7, 2013.
First aired: March 10, 2014.
In this fascinating talk, Financial Times contributing editor Max Hastings describes the outbreak of World War I in 1914, the "malign force" of Germany, and the early battles in Belgium and France that devastated the allied troops. He also argues that we should break free of the clich? that the Great War was futile.
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Democracy and Its Crisis with A. C. Grayling
- Friday, August 31 - 4:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:30am, 2:30pm
- The Impacts of Climate Change and New York's Climate Museum with Miranda Massie
- Sunday, August 26 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, August 28 - 8:30am, 2:30pm