This edition: The Paradox of Liberation
Original tape date: April 7, 2015.
First aired: December 14, 2015.
As Michael Walzer, professor emeritus at the Institute for Advanced Study, explains, many of the successful campaigns for national liberation after World War II were based on democratic and secular ideals. What went wrong? Why have states such as India, Israel, and Algeria been unable to reproduce their political culture beyond one or two generations? Recorded 4/7/15.
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Democracy and Its Crisis with A. C. Grayling
- Friday, August 31 - 4:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:30am, 2:30pm
- The Impacts of Climate Change and New York's Climate Museum with Miranda Massie
- Sunday, August 26 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, August 28 - 8:30am, 2:30pm