This edition: Powerplay: The Origins of the American Alliance System in Asia with Victor ChaTweet
Original tape date: October 21, 2016.
First aired: February 13, 2017.
Georgetown's Victor Cha discusses the complexities of the East Asian alliance system. After World War II, why did the United States opt for bilateral relationships with countries like Japan and South Korea? Does this arrangement still make sense today?
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Democracy and Its Crisis with A. C. Grayling
- Friday, August 31 - 4:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:30am, 2:30pm
- The Impacts of Climate Change and New York's Climate Museum with Miranda Massie
- Friday, August 24 - 4:30pm
- Sunday, August 26 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, August 28 - 8:30am, 2:30pm
- False Dawn: Protest, Democracy, and Violence in the New Middle East with Steven A. Cook
- Tuesday, August 21 - 8:30am, 2:30pm