This edition: Against Empathy: The Case for Rational Compassion
Original tape date: December 14, 2016.
First aired: March 6, 2017.
Yale professor Paul Bloom says that we often think that empathy, our capacity "to feel someone's pain," is the ultimate source of goodness. Nothing could be farther from the truth, he argues psychology professor Paul Bloom. Why is empathy dangerous? What should replace it?
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Democracy and Its Crisis with A. C. Grayling
- Friday, August 31 - 4:30pm
- Sunday, September 2 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:30am, 2:30pm
- The Impacts of Climate Change and New York's Climate Museum with Miranda Massie
- Sunday, August 26 - 5:30pm
- Tuesday, August 28 - 8:30am, 2:30pm