This edition: The Rise of ISIS
First aired: August 24, 2016.
By Gregory Johnsen. Born out of an umbrella organization of Al-Qaeda in Iraq, the so-called Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) burst onto the international stage after it seized Fallujah in December 2013. Since then, the group has seized control of a number of critical strongholds in the country and declared itself a caliphate, known as the Islamic State. Still, the question remains: What is ISIS, and what danger does it pose to U.S. interests?
- Cuba and the U.S.
- Thursday, July 19 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Saturday, July 21 - 3:30pm
- Pax Americana: The American Peace
- Thursday, July 26 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Saturday, July 28 - 3:30pm
- Russia's Foreign Policy
- Thursday, August 2 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Saturday, August 4 - 3:30pm
- China: The New Silk Road
- Thursday, August 9 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Saturday, August 11 - 3:30pm
- The Media and Foreign Policy
- Thursday, August 16 - 7:30am, 1:30pm