This edition: The United Nations
First aired: September 21, 2016.
By Stephen Browne and Thomas Weiss. On the eve of the international organization's 70th birthday, the United Nations stands at a crossroads. This year marks a halfway point in the organization's global effort to eradicate poverty, hunger and discrimination, as well as ensure justice and dignity for all peoples. But as the UN's 193 member states look back at the success of the millennium development goals, they also must assess their needs for its sustainable development goals - a new series of benchmarks, which are set to expire in 2030. With the appointment of the ninth secretary-general in the near future as well, the next UN leader is bound to have quite a lot on his or her plate going into office.
- The Future of Kurdistan
- Thursday, June 14 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Saturday, June 16 - 3:30pm
- The Rise of ISIS
- Thursday, June 7 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Saturday, June 9 - 3:30pm
- Middle East Alliances
- Thursday, May 31 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Saturday, June 2 - 3:30pm
- Global Health: Preventing Pandemic
- Thursday, May 24 - 7:30am, 1:30pm
- Saturday, May 26 - 3:30pm