This edition: Russians in the 9th DistrictTweet
Original tape date: October 5, 2011.
First aired: October 5, 2011.
On this edition of Independent Sources, we focus on how the Russian community helped a Republican candidate usurp a longtime Democratic stronghold in New York City. We discuss whether President George W. Bush's push for democracy in the Middle East had an influence on the Arab Spring. Then, we see how community bookstores are popping up while national chains are fading away.
Aurora Anaya-Cerda Owner, La Casa Azul Bookstore
Patricia DeGennaro Senior Fellow, World Policy Institute
Michelle García Independent Sources
Sandra A. García-Betancourt Executive Director, The Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA)
Ari Kagan Publisher, Vecherniy New York
Errol Louis TV Host, Inside City Hall (NY1)
Ned Parker Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), Edward R. Murrow Press Fellow
Marlene Peralta Host/Producer, Independent Sources/Science & U!
Garry Pierre-Pierre Producer/Co-Host, Independent Sources
Jessica Stockton Bagnulo Owner, Greenlight Bookstore
Vianora Vinca Producer/Co-Host, Independent Sources
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Tuesday, September 18 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 20 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm