This edition: Lengthening Food LinesTweet
Original tape date: November 2, 2011.
First aired: November 2, 2011.
On this edition of Independent Sources, New York City pantries struggle with budget cuts and a wave of new clients brought on by the economic recession. Business signs in Flushing's Chinatown stir up controversy. And, a Spanish theatre makes a home for itself on the Lower East Side.
Judith R. Escalona Independent Sources
Dan Halloran (R-Queens) Councilmember - 19th District, The New York City Council
Theresa Hassler Communications Director, New York City Coalition Against Hunger (NYCCAH)
Zyphus Lebrun Host; Producer, Study With the Best; Independent Sources
Hannah Lupien Food Policy Strategist, West Side Campaign Against Hunger (WSCAH)
José Cheo Oliveras Director Artistico y Fundador, Teatro Círculo
Marlene Peralta Host/Producer, Independent Sources/Science & U!
Garry Pierre-Pierre Producer/Co-Host, Independent Sources
Connor Sheets Reporter, Flushing Times
Eva Cristina Vásquez Actriz/Dramaturga y Fundadora, Teatro Círculo
Vianora Vinca Producer/Co-Host, Independent Sources
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm