This edition: Discretionary SpendingTweet
Original tape date: February 27, 2012.
First aired: February 29, 2012.
On this edition of Independent Sources, we see how four New York City Council members are using their discretionary funds to empower more members of their communities. We talk about the stigma associated with and under-reporting of abuse in LGBT relationships. Then, we learn how several indigenous groups are using innovative ideas to give their cultures more exposure.
Ms. Elvira Colorado Performer & Co-Founder, Coatlicue Theater Company
Ms. Hortensia Colorado Performer & Co-Founder, Coatlicue Theater Company
Mr. Brett Figlewski Staff Attorney, Sanctuary For Families
Hon. Melissa Mark-Viverito New York City Council, District 8
Dr. Patricia Mathews-Salazar Anthropologist & Director of Center for Ethnic Studies, Borough of Manhattan Community College/CUNY
Mr. Fabian Muenala Kichwa Nation
Ms. Grace Peréz Organizer & Coordinator, Brides' March
Javier Enriquez Tlaloc Co-Founder, Associated Indigenous Movement
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm