This edition: Making WavesTweet
Original tape date: June 4, 2012.
First aired: June 6, 2012.
On this edition of Independent Sources, we talk about how low power radio stations are trying to make their way back onto the airwaves in ethnic communities. We discuss the emerging debate surrounding the word "minority" as the United States' population becomes increasingly ethnic. Then, we hear from a botánica owner in Spanish Harlem who is trying to change with the times.
Judith R. Escalona Independent Sources
Abi Ishola Independent Sources
Jamilah King News Editor, Colorlines.com
Garry Pierre-Pierre Producer/Co-Host, Independent Sources
Steven Renderos National Organizer, Center for Media Justice
Jorge Vargas Spiritual Consultant & Owner, Justo Botánica
Vianora Vinca Producer/Co-Host, Independent Sources
- No upcoming shows on the schedule
- Rumble in Chinatown
- Saturday, September 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 2 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 4 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 9 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, October 11 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm
- Caribbean Disunity
- Saturday, September 22 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 25 - 4:30pm
- Thursday, September 27 - 7:00am, 1:00pm, 11:00pm